We are a SHRM affiliated professional organization
All current HRM Students at Franklin Pierce University are
We welcome you to join our prestigious group!
Objective: Our purpose is to provide networking, internship, and professional development opportunities to our members and keep them up-to-date on current HR developments.
The FPU SHRM Student Chapter Receives the
SHRM 2012-13 Merit Award!
SHRM received over 145 entries from 450 student chapters around the world. The Merit Award was provided to FPU because of it's achievements and commitment to providing meaningful programs and services to HR students at FPU!
“Our SHRM student chapter is a 100% online chapter; our students participate from different cities, states and countries", said Dr. Carol Gravel. “This is no small accomplishment, considering these students have never had a face-to-face meeting. This is a testimony to the dedication of our students and their willingness to use online resources to collaborate.”
1. Meet all requirements of SHRM Merit Award for 2014.
2. Make LinkedIn page our primary social media outlet.
3. Continue to promote SHRM SPHR, PHR and GPHR certifications.
See "Certification Support" for more information.
4. Continue to increase Membership through creative recruiting and marketing plans.
See “Benefits of being a SHRM member" for more information.
5. Conduct a face to face group meeting once during the academic year.
6. Promote career development prospects and resume book through MAHRA, the FPU SHRM website, email marketing, and social networks.
See "Professional Development" for more information
Our SHRM Code of Ethics
“To inform and educate current and future practitioners, the organizations we serve, and the general public about principles and practices that help the profession.”
“Adhere to the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior.”
(SHRM Code of Ethics – 11/16/07)